Your Subtitle text

Buyer Information

Frequently asked questions:

1. How long will the closing take?
It depends on the situation but most closings take an hour or less.  Cash closings and refinances can usually be completed in half an hour.
2. What do I need to bring to closing?
Picture I.D. is always required.  Either a Georgia or State driver's license and or Passport.  If you are getting a loan,       your lender usually requires additional identification which may  include your social security card.  You will need to       bring certified funds or a cashier's check for your cash to close.  And, please check with your lender as to any other documentation they may require you to bring to closing.
3.  Can I use a personal check?
No.  You must bring certified funds or a cashier's check.  You can make the check payable to Serrano McKinney           Umpierre, LLC or you may make it payable to yourself and endorse it at the closing. You may also wire your funds.       Please contact for wiring instructions.
4.  Who does the closing attorney represent?
In Georgia, the closing attorney generally represents the lender, not the buyer or seller.
5.  Do I need Owner's Title Insurance?
Title Insurance protects the policy holder in the case of a failure of title or a third party claim.  Although our firm has the title examined by an experienced title examiner, there are situations that can occur such as fraud, forgery or misindexing in the county records and that can occur.  Owner's title insurance is a one time fee that is paid at the time you purchase your home.  The lender will always require lender's title insurance on every closing.  Our firm includes owner's title insurance on the HUD in order to give you the simultaneous issue rate.  If you do not wish to purchase it, you can ask for it to be removed.
6.  What if I can't attend the closing?
If you can't attend the closing, you can appoint someone to sign on your behalf and be your power of attorney.  You will need to contact our office so that we can prepare one for you as it must be specific to the property. You must also be sure to check with your lender to make sure that they will allow someone to sign the documents on your behalf.

Website Builder